What are Facebook Dynamic Remarketing Ads?
Facebook Dynamic Remarketing (also known as Dynamic Ads) is similar to Google Dynamic Remarketing Ads. It promotes your product inventory to users who have been on your website previously across the Facebook network.
What do Facebook Dynamic Ads look like?
Facebook Dynamic Ads look exactly the same as other Facebook ad types such as single image ads, carousel ads or collection ads. You can add a description, pricing, call to actions, product title and much more. Below are some examples of what they may look like across Instagram and Facebook.
The difference is that instead of needing to create an ad for every item on your website (you want to promote), you create an ad template that automatically uses images and details from your catalogue (product feed).
How does targeting work with Dynamic Ads?
Facebook Dynamic Remarketing works by retargeting customers who have taken action on your website previously. The ads then show relevant products from your catalogue/product feed to these users when they visit Facebook or Instagram. For example, a customer which has browsed products on your website may be shown these exact products in the ad.
Common/recommended audience targeting:
- Target users who have been on your website in the last 30 days
- Show ads to users who have added to cart but not yet purchased
- Target users who have viewed products on your website
Optimising Facebook Dynamic Remarketing Ads
When setting up your Facebook Dynamic Remarketing Ads, remember that ads show relevant product recommendations so that users are more likely to take action from your ad. This is why setting a right goal is important. Facebook chooses products to show based on your specific goal. For example, if you optimise for conversion, it is expected that Facebook will show products from your catalogue expected to drive conversions.
According to Facebook, below are how Facebook determine which products to show:
- The products a person viewed on your website or in your app
- The popular products in your catalogue
- Products your audience or people similar to them interacted with on Facebook and around the web
Benefits of Facebook Dynamic Remarketing
- Facebook Dynamic Remarketing allows you to reach more shoppings in another platform as customers are not only in Google.
- As the ads show customers products that are tailored to their interest, it keeps your products and brand in your customer’s purchase consideration while they surf the net – reminding them to buy the items they viewed.
- Reach people on mobiles, tablets and desktops across Facebook and Instagram.
- Templated ads means you can scale – Facebook Dynamic Ads allow you to promote all your products in your catalogue without having to configure each individual ad.
Requirements to Set up Facebook Dynamic Remarketing
Before you can create a Facebook dynamic remarketing ad, you need:
- Upload a feed: Facebook calls this a catalogue. Your catalogue contains product information about the item you would like to advertise on. This included attributes such as price, product title and description.
- Tagging: you will need to have the Facebook pixel and or Facebook SDK installed on your website. This is a piece of code that will allow you to measure, optimise as well as build audiences through your Facebook campaigns. Learn more about the Facebook pixel and the Facebook SDK for dynamic ads.
Facebook Remarketing Ads are a great addition to any current advertising campaign you are currently running, whether that is across other platforms such as Google or Microsoft. Similar to Dynamic Remarketing in Google, ads show to customers who have previously been on your website and products are shown based on consumer behaviour. If you’d like to get set up with Dynamic Remarketing for Facebook, don’t hesitate to contact us to see how we can help.